Part Time Coverage
The right coverage every time.
The JUA will permit a premium discount/credit for the following part time physicians and dentists.
- Retired non-practicing physicians or dentists donating time to charitable or non-profit organizations (i.e. Free Clincs)
- Residents moonlighting at rural or small community emergency room departments
- Part time and/or semi-retired physicians or dentists who are working no more than eighty-five hours per month.
- Government employed physicians and dentists requesting coverage for outside activities (such as VA Hospital, state or county health department or a teaching hospital)
- Physicians and dentists who are employed by a hospital or other facility requesting coverage for outside activities.
Credits provided by the JUA for part-time coverage are as follows:
- 50% credit for up to 21 hours per month
- 40% credit for 22-43 hours per month
- 30% credit for 44-85 hours per month
- 0% credit for over 85 hours per month.
- A Part Time Physician/Dentist Professional Liability Application must be completed by the applicant every year for the purposes of determining whether the applicant is eligible for this type of coverage.
- The hours reported to the JUA for rating purposes are subject to audit at the JUA’s discretion.
- Physicians or dentists who are subject to experience rating or scheduled rating surcharges are not eligible for this part time discount.
Please visit The Resource Center / Applications and Forms page on SCJUA.com to download an application for part time coverage.
We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you have regardless of your current insurance provider. For time sensitive requests, please contact a JUA colleague directly. The JUA cannot bind or alter coverage based on instructions received through our Contact Us form.