Are you eligible for coverage?
There are a variety of factors that determine eligibility for coverage by the South Carolina JUA. In most cases, a quick glance below will help you determine whether or not you qualify.
You may be eligible if you are a healthcare provider who:
- Lives in South Carolina and practices at least 80% in the state
- Lives out of state but practices at least 80% in the state
JUA insureds may have up to 20% of their practice outside of the South Carolina, as long as it is located in border areas like Hilton Head & Savannah, North Augusta and Augusta, or Rock Hill and Charlotte. All other out-of-state exposure require prior JUA underwriting approval.
You may be ineligible if you are a healthcare provider who:
- Lives in South Carolina but practices less than 80% in the state
- Has voluntarily surrendered hospital privileges or had them denied, restricted, suspended, revoked or subjected to a probationary period
- Has voluntarily surrendered your narcotics or medical license or had them denied, restricted, revoked or subjected to a probationary period
- Has been denied a medical license or certification by a specialty board