The JUA will permit a premium discount/credit for the following part time physicians and dentists.
- Retired non-practicing physicians or dentists donating time to charitable or non-profit organizations (i.e. Free Clincs)
- Residents moonlighting at rural or small community emergency room departments
- Part time and/or semi-retired physicians or dentists who are working no more than eighty-five hours per month.
- Government employed physicians and dentists requesting coverage for outside activities (such as VA Hospital, state or county health department or a teaching hospital)
- Physicians and dentists who are employed by a hospital or other facility requesting coverage for outside activities.
Credits provided by the JUA for part-time coverage are as follows:
- 50% credit for up to 21 hours per month
- 40% credit for 22-43 hours per month
- 30% credit for 44-85 hours per month
- 0% credit for over 85 hours per month.
- A Part Time Physician/Dentist Professional Liability Application must be completed by the applicant every year for the purposes of determining whether the applicant is eligible for this type of coverage.
- The hours reported to the JUA for rating purposes are subject to audit at the JUA’s discretion.
- Physicians or dentists who are subject to experience rating or scheduled rating surcharges are not eligible for this part time discount.
Please visit The Resource Center / Applications and Forms page on SCJUA.com to download an application for part time coverage.