SCJUA Protects your integrity
Learn more about how SCJUA handles claims to protect clients.
In the event that a claim is filed against you, you may feel as though your integrity has been questioned or that your professional reputation has been tarnished. We understand the devastating impact a malpractice claim can have on your life. That is why we bring an unparalleled level of expertise to every claim we handle.
From investigating an incident to planning an aggressive defense strategy, our expert claims specialists work diligently to evaluate all of your options.
When you notify the JUA a claim has been filed against you, here’s what you can expect from us:
- We will immediately assign your claim or potential claim to a specialist.
- We will contact you within 48 hours.
- We will analyze, plan and develop a defense strategy within 30 days of claim receipt.
- We will create and follow an aggressive disposition strategy.
- We will maintain appropriate communication with you regarding the claim throughout the process.
- We will strive, without exception, to protect and defend your professional standing, integrity and assets.
If you have any concern about the potential for a claim, please call the JUA for advice and support. You don’t have to wait for a claim to be filed to access the knowledge and expertise available to you. The sooner you call the JUA the better. Early notification, planning and preparation can make all the difference if a claim is eventually filed.
We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you have regardless of your current insurance provider. For time sensitive requests, please contact a JUA colleague directly. The JUA cannot bind or alter coverage based on instructions received through our Contact Us form.